Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am having problems with the system restore function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2003
US
It would be much appreciated if someone could lead me in the right direction. After returning home from a business trip...the family computer has not been operating properly (and nobody has confessed to any wrong doing). All my end-user programs are shutting off in the middle of their operations and for some reason, I cannot connect to the internet using my SBC Home-portal. I`ve tried to run the system restore to correct any subterfuge that may have occured during my absence, but I am unable to restore my computer to any of the prior dates indicated on the system restore calender. The funny thing is....is that the system restore function goes through the whole process...it tells me that the computer is being restored to the settings of the specified date, and that it must shutdown in order for these settings to be recognized. Once the computer reboots, I get a reading that indicates (the computer is unable to restore these settings to the date selected, please choose another date). Any Einstein`s out there who might have a clue of what I am dealing with?

Also I forgot to mention that I have a Pentium4 2.26GHz 512MB of RAM and I am running the latest version of Mcafee virus scan.

Also I forgot to mention that I have a Pentium4 2.26GHz 512MB of RAM and I am running the latest version of Mcafee virus scan with WindowsXP Professional version 2002

Conver the drives to ntfs.
And make the other persons "users".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back