Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am going to drop-kick these IP Dect Phones! 1-way audio, depending where you stand! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

somewacko2

Programmer
Sep 22, 2004
US
Two dect phones calling each other.
Both connected to the same Dect radio.
If you call from our office, you get a connection that works, the info in system status shows a specific codec (does not seem to matter which one).
If you walk 40 feet away (RSSI still fine, same dect radio), and make that same call. You get ‘Auto’ for the codec and will get 1-way audio. Once this happens, if does not go back to working normally again until handset reboot. I’ve tried hard coding the codec selection anywhere I can but we always get this behavior. 100% repeatable, all day long. The physical place that you stand is somehow impacting the codec selection that shows up in system status.

problem does not happen with outside calls, toggling on\off hold restores audio. Direct media on\off does not resolve the problem (currently off)
Pbx v11.0.4.1 \\ IP Dect current as well. Did not have this trouble at v9.
Any ideas?

Capture_m0m6zq.jpg

Do you really have G729 set on the base?
Normally you would run G711.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Tried several codec's to eliminate that as the problem. Same thing happens with 729 or 711.

What firmware are the base on?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

IPO 11.0.4.1
IPBS2[10.2.9], Bootcode[10.2.9], Hardware[IPBS2-C3/1B1]
Handset 2.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back