Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am getting my GallantWeb 100GW in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe689

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I am getting my GallantWeb 100GW in the mail today, I bought it off ebay. In the userguide is says nothing regarding firewall so I am guessing it doesn't have a supplied firewall. I really dont want to be connecting the other 3 computers to the GallantWeb connection without a firewall. My main computer has a firewall, which i have the other 2 computers running through it. I was wondering, even know it says to connect the Cable modem to the Gallantweb and then link the Ethernet Hub through the GallantWeb too, could i just instead keep everything through my main computer and just hook the gallant web up the ethernet hub which would still run through my main computer. It would be in the same shoes as of the other 2 computers, networked and sharing connection with the main. Hopefully all GallantWeb needs is a internet connection to go operational.

Thanks
Joseph Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back