Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am getting a BSOD: KMODE error with Classpnp.sys. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlynch

Technical User
Jul 16, 2001
US
I intermittently have a system crash while doing absolutely nothing. Problems has been persistent for several months. Thought i fixed it a couple of months ago with SP2 but it appeared to resurface.

I am getting a KMODE Exception Not Handled error and the identified file is Classpnp.sys. I also am running my 2 7200 RPM harddrives from a Promise ATA100 controller. I added this info because i saw some other posts elsewhere that were having the same problem that i was and were also suspiciously using Promise ATA100 controller cards.

Anyone else having this same problem. Would the Classpnp.sys be associated with a bad controller card. If so, would the card actually be bad or is there just some software conflict such as IRQ conflicts. I would hate to go buy a new card and find thats not the problem. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back