Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am currently using quark 4.1 with

Status
Not open for further replies.

f5

Technical User
Dec 4, 2002
US
I am currently using quark 4.1 with qx-tools 4.0 using layers I am updating to quark 5 I am able to ps my files I create in 5 however when I open my old 4.1 files in 5 I am unable to ps can you help

I've read your question five times and I've still no idea what you're asking! Are you asking whether you can open Quark 5 files in Quark 4? The answer is only if you save them as Quark 4 files in the 'Save As...' dialog box. Is this what you're asking? If not, could you try rephrasing your question using full sentences and punctuation. [smile]

Well what I understand is that you can make PostScript files from QuarkXPress 5 and you can't make a PostScript file from a document created in QuarkXPress 4 in QuarkXPress 5.

Am I correct ?

Well if this is the case then try resaving those files in QuarkXPress 5 in 5 format and then try to make a PostScript file from QuarkXPress 5.

**[deejay]**

You can try to go in for a thumbnaildrag for the 4.x document and then save it in 5.x. Now you should not have any problem making a ps file. If the problem still persists try to trash the preferences folder of QuarkXPress 5.x

For thunbnail refer the following link...
[COLOR=red ]
[/color]
I hope the above information is helpful
[pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back