Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I’ve just installed a NetMos PCI pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlaakso

Programmer
Mar 13, 2002
ES
I’ve just installed a NetMos PCI parallel card to have two local printers at the same computer. I have an HP Laserjet 1200 that I want to connect at LPT2 and it keeps showing me an error printing to port. If I connect the laser to the LPT1 and an impact printer to LPT2 everything works fine. But I need the impact printer connected to LPT1, and then the laser doesn't work.
Can someone help me ??
Also, is there a way to redirect ports? I mean, like capturing network printers. A way to tell the computer that (for a while) if something is printed in LPT1 it has to be printed in LPT2 ???
I've posted this message also in 'PC hardware-Peripheral Issues' Forum. I really need help.

Not sure why don't you just swap the printers. But, anyway, here is the place where you can get LPTSWAP, utility to swap LPT1 and LPT2:
Good luck.

Check in Device Manager; is the 2nd LPT port experiencing a resource conflict?

I'd guess it is, even if DM doesn't report it.

Does your BIOS have a setting for a 2nd LPT port?

Did you configure the printer on that 2nd LPT port, or did Windoze try to configure it for you on LPT1, and then report that it couldn't print to the 2nd port?

I hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back