Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hyperterminal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeSiG

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2001
US
Hey guys,
I have recently aquired a cisco 2500 router....i want to connect to it to well "piddle" but cant seem to connect using hyperterminal direct to com1....the terminal connects but when i turn the router on ..nothing happens? shouldnt i be seeing the boot-up for the router at this point...what have i done wrong...could someone post a step-by-step way to connect to the IOS via hyperlink terminal?

thanks in advance

I would make sure that the settings are correct. ( 9600 n 8 1 )Have you tried accessing the router through the Aux port?
Dumb question, however it needs to ask. Are you using the cisco blue cable with there 9pin adapter to connect from the router to the pc. Just a few options here, I know theres more, buts lets look at the obvious first. #-) Jeter@LasVegas.com The best answer I could ever give is the one to maintain my Sanity

Ahh... the cables come in a few different colors. I have blue and black myself :) The cable you want when looking from the top of the RJ45, will be "rolled". Use the DB9 or the DB25 connector marked *terminal*

This does not apply to the older(early) 1900 switches. They need a straight cable with modem ends. They have a DB9 on the 1900 unlike the newer ones that use a RJ45 socket.

Mike S
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back