Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

heath22

MIS
Aug 1, 2002
US
How do you use hyperterminal as the terminal for a Nortel option 11 PBX?

You will only be able to see the PBX side, not the Voice mail side.

Create a new connection in Hyperterminal. Enter in the modem number you are calling. The system should auto detect the settings. Make sure your caps lock is on and press the 'enter' key. See if you get anything back from the swtich. If you have an SEB modem attached to your PBX, then you need the password before you will see anything on your hyperterminal connection.

Mike

I'm using it to direct connect to the PBX, I tried various settings to no avail. I did find what was wrong, more of a software issue (this is a new install) and did overlook a few things when getting the install menu from the software daughterboard. A dummy terminal would be my first choice, but this isn't available to me right now. This is a classroom effort. It has been a year or so since I've done an out of the box install. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back