Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HyperTerminal use with XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksoprano

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
US
Anyone ever have any problems using HyperTerminal that comes with XP Pro?? The version I have is 5.1 ..... I cannot get HyperTerminal to respond to my keyboard, at first I thought it was my session settings, but I tried every different option and also downloaded another terminal emulator and I am able to connect to my router and pix with the terminal emulator via my com1 & com2 port... If I power cycle my router I can see the boot screens displayed within HyperTerminal but once its done booting and says "Press Enter" I hit enter and nothing happens....

Anyone run into something similar to this??

Thanks!

only ever when emulation settings are wrong. from an open session go to file / properties / settings

Jamie Gillespie
Senior IT Technician
South Cheshire College
j-gillespie@s-cheshire.ac.uk

What settings should I use to connect to a Cisco router??

Currently on my Com1 properties I have it set as follows:

Bits Per Second: 9600 baud

Data Bits: 8

Parity: None

Stop Bits: 1

Flow Control: None

For the properties/settings I have the terminal set to autodetect...

Any suggestions?

have only got a connection to a cisco radio bridge stored on my machine at present, but that is as follows:

emulation:ANSIW
terminal ID:VT100

HTH

Jamie Gillespie
j-gillespie@s-cheshire.ac.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back