Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hypertermainl console setting into pix firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerunkevin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2002
US
I am planning to console into a Pix firwall and was wondering what setting that I need to use. I recall I need to set port speed to 9600, set to com1, and then something else.

The deal is that we can gave ssh control for remote access to these side office firewall, and also adding a NAT to the DMZ zone so they can see the web site that the webserer is hosting.

IF you have some good comments on how these are set, it would be nice.

Best regards
Kevin Z
Techncial Support specailist

Thanks i got to console into the firewall. These consultant set up the DMZ and put the web server into the zone.
however side office are not able to see the website.

they siad to put in the following command.
access-list nonat permit ip 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.7.0 255.255.255.0

however, that still is not working. ANyway, these consultant are rip off and charge $135/ hr for their work.

Really ridicolous. First they exclude ssh or remote session in to firewall from our HEadquarter eventhough we own it. They only allow ssh through their headquarters. Some consultants are really picky and money head driven.

Best regards
Kevin Z
Techncial Support specailist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back