Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperterm issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oned

MIS
Feb 8, 2005
US
I wasn't looking at the hyperterm session and at the > prompt I typed in stat 29. Now anytime I hit a key on the keyboard B022;1HKB022 types on the screen. I diconnected and connected and the same thing happens.

dyperterm is a little light for the task.. almost sound like a stuck key.. stat is not a hyperterm command that i am aware of.. might need a reboot

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the response john poole. Dyperterm - that's hilarious. Unfortunatly I work for a company that takes the phone system for granted. No way will they spring for Pro Comm.
I rebooted the computer. Rebooted the modem. Tried a different computer. Still same problem.
I'm guessing I sent some kind of string to the modem. Does anyone no if I need to set the modem back to default? And how that is done. Of course none of the dip switches have been changed.

Thanks again John. Somehow I got stuck in voice mail. I hit the 3 keys to exit and now it works fine. Dyperterm - go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back