Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieRae3

Technical User
Jun 27, 2012
US
Let me first say, I know nothing about Crystal Reports 2008 Enterprise Server other than what I have learned in the last couple of days. I was given the task to fix a server that was no longer working. I was provided with a biar file which I imported, but a lot of the reports are hyperlinks (the report names are similar to those in the Report Source folder). I have a couple of issues:

1. When I click to view a report, I will get database connector error. Apparently the username and password is in the url. Can I update this at once for all the links?

2. When I update the database username and password I have to update the Database Configuration for ReportParameterPage. Is this correct procedure?

3. Once I have updated the database info, I get a generic page for all urls which says Pm-F_REPORT.ASSIGNED TO (Pm-F_REPORT.ASSIGNEDTO(UserWriter.rpt). Is this how this is supposed to look?

Thanks for any and all help.

Dee

Are the hyperlinks in the reports or are you talking about the hyperlinks to the reports in InfoView?

If it's the hyperlinks in InfoView, you'll need to go to the Central Management Console (CMC) and for each report, right-click and select "Database Configuration". Here is where you'll enter the user ID and password for each report.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Dell:

Thanks for getting back to me. In CMC, there is a URL (/OpenDocument...) for the report and when I attempt to view from within CMC, I am getting the errors.

Dee

You'll need to go to either the default Properties or Database Configuration for each report to set up the user ID and Password - you'll also want to turn on "Use same database login as when report is run". You can't modify the URL directly.

The other page you're getting is a parameter screen - it looks like it is for a parameter for a subreport. Instead of trying to view the report interactively, I would try scheduling it in the CMC - you'll need to set the "Prompt" values when you schedule the report. If the report schedule fails, you can click on "Failed" in the history to get the specific error message.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Okay Dell. Now newbie questions.

1. I don't see a default properties for the reports that are hyperlinks (these reports, have the db username and password in the url): In the url field, it will be /OpenDocument/opendoc/OpenDocument.jsp?sType=rpt&sIDType=CUID&iDocID=(some data)&lsSReportNumber=1.3&lsSUID=(user)&lsSPWD=(password)

2. I also don't see a Schedule option on the hyperlink reports.

Thanks -- Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back