Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinks in emails don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all, I have a user whose Entourage won't work correctly. When he receives emails that have hyperlinks in them clicking on the link doesn't do anything. Doing a Command-Click or a Control-Click will bring up his browser but without opening any new windows. If his browser is closed clicking the link will open his browser but without an active page. Googling this problem hasn't helped me yet so here I am. He's using Entourage 2004 v11.4.0 running under Mac OSX 10.6.6. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe B

Found on Google

Go to Folder Options > File Types > [None] URL Hypertext transfer protocol > Advanced > Open > Edit > and browse to firefox > Uncheck "Use DDE" > OK.
The same for [None] HTTPS URL Hypertext transfer protocol (or HTTP with privacy)

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Hi mrn, we were just looking for the first step in your instructions, "Go to Folder Options," and we can't seem to find it anywhere. Is that an option under Entourage or System Preferences or somewhere else?

Thanks,

Joe B

I would suspect you do that within a Finder Window.

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Welshbird, we used Finder to try to find Folder Options but no joy. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Joe B

Thanks everyone but never mind. He installed a piece of software for something else and now his Entourage is working. Go figure.

Thanks,

Joe B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back