Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronjonmartin

Technical User
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Is it possible for me to set up a hyperlink in a control on my form which when clicked opens up another form displaying specific information.

E.g. If i click on a hyperlink of a name e.g. John Smith, in my first form. When clicked it opens a second form displaying the record held in a table about John Smith.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you read the Access help file on Hyperlinks/creating you should find all the information you need on using hyperlinks.

To open a form from another form and display a specific record from a table of records in the second form you should create a command button on the first form using the Wizard. The Wizard will ask you whether you want the button to open a form and find a specific record or open it witn all records available.

If you want the button to have the appearance of a hyperlink then you can change its appearance quite easily using the properties box for the button control.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back