Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinking: How to get File Browse window up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prufrock

Instructor
Sep 4, 2002
AU
I have a records management database. I have a field called link and in here I am wanting people to put the file path for a file that is stored on the network. The idea being if they come to this entry and see there is a digital copy of the file available they can click the hyperlink to open and see it.

To make it easier when they are filling in a new entry and want to create the link I would like to bring up the file browse window when they enter the Link field and then they can just click their way to the file. Once there I want them to be able to simply click on the file and the full path is created as a hyperlink.

Is this possible or is there some other quick way to assist them to create the hyperlink without having to type in the full pathname themselves?

Thanks in anticipation

This may help:
Open File / Folder Dialog - Retrieve UNC Folder Name
thread702-1187733

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back