Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodDwayne

Programmer
Aug 10, 2012
US
I have a swf file that I would like to create a hyperlink to put on a webpage. How would I do that?

Since you're working with a swf file, I assume it was created in either Xcelsius or Dashboards, correct?

Place the swf file somewhere on the webserver and set up a link that points to the file - it should open if the user has Flash installed.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Yes the file was created in Xcelsius. I am am to save it as a HTML file; just need to know how to creat a hyperlink to add it to a webpage. I am not sure if I understand your instructions.

I am confused....I have the file swf in a PDF file and also in an HTML file. How would I create a hyperlink for either one to put on o webpage for the company?

This is not a BusinessObjects question, it's a web development question. How you get to these is dependent on whether you're using asp, asp.NET, java or something else to build your website. So, you'll need to ask how to open these types of files in forums specific to that.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back