Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink to Previous Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaffa

Programmer
Jun 22, 2001
US
I would like for users to click on a hyperlink to take them to the previous page instead of having to click the "Back" button in their browser. What code do I use for this? Also, I would like all info typed in any text boxes to remain on the previous page when the user goes back. Thanks!

That type of task should never be done on the server. IT's really just a waist of resources.

use client scripting for it.
e.g.
History.Go()
or
History.Back()

but the referer server variable will give it to you if absolutely needed. [wink]

[/sub]

the second question can be solved with a resubmission of forms (hidden when needed) or by setting teh expiration of the page to greater lengths so the object values are retained

[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back