Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink to .lnk File

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBCOOP

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
The attached thread was recently posted to the HTML, XHTML & CSS Forum but it was suggested that I post it to one of the OS Forums like this...
I have created a Word document (Word 2000) that contains Hyperlinks to .lnk files (shortcuts). These shortcuts in turn Open .dot and .doc Documents. Up to now this approach has always worked but now when you either click on the Hyperlinks in the Word document or its HTM (produced by Save As) the following errors occur-
Either
"Cannot open the Specified File"
Or
Once prompted with "Some Files Can Contain Viruses..." and 'OK' is clicked then either Word or IE (if using the HTM) just hangs.

I have checked the location in the hyperlink is correct, executed the .lnk files in turn to check that they are OK and checked the .dot and .doc documents that they open OK.
Many Thanks in anticipation of assistance.

Apologies, have sorted this out for myself - there was a Space ' ' at the end of the name of the Shortcuts (.lnk) removing these has solved the problem. How Stupid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back