Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink to launch word doc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishKiller

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
US
Does anyone know how to take a field of numbers EX: 21.2314 and make it a hyper link to a document in a set location but adding a prefix to the number EX: web_21.2314?

oops let me add that the documents are named web_##.##### however the field is only ##.##### Any ideas?

Please remember to post your software version. If you had posted your database version, we might have just used a SQL Expression to add the prefix to the field being returned and had to do nothing more than designate it a hyperlink.

Try creating a formula of something like

"web_"&{table.field}&".doc"

Now right click the field and select Format Field->Hyperlink->and select Current Website Field Value:

I assume that you want the users to have to click to open the file, you can also embed the first page using another method, adn I also assumed that you neglected to post that they have the standard .DOC suffix, adjust accordingly.

-k

I didn't pose the question, but k, you just eliminated an entire database for me and for that, you get a star! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back