Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink Parameter record selection to subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankTWall

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
AU
Crystal XI, SQL database

Have a main report with a cross tab displaying in
Row 1 - start date by month,
Row 2 Customer name and then the Maximum of the contract ID for each customer.

I want to create a hyperlink from this contract ID to a subreport displaying more detailed information.
Searched this forum and crystal decisions.

The advice is as follows:

1. Create a second report with a parameter field for the customer name and insert this parameter into a selection formula. For example:
{table.customerNames} = {?MyCustomer}
2. In the main report, right click on the "customerNames" field select "Format Field".

3. On the "Hyperlink" tab, check on the "A website on the Internet" option and in the Hyperlink Information box, click on the "X+2" button and type:

" with the quotes.

4. Then save the formula and save the report.

Now when the report is run, you can click on the field and see the resulting customer details in the second report.

I modified the string to link the field with the following
"C:\SUBprojectdetail.rpt?prompt="+{uvw_SOAR_SALESAT.CDB_AgrmtId} as a test to just get the "hyperlink" to open the subreport and pass the value from {uvw_SOAR_SALESAT.CDB_AgrmtId}to a parameter in the subreport. This failed and gave an error that the file path could noy be found.

I then modified the string (after a lot of trial and error) to get the subreport to open, which it does, if the string "C:\SUBprojectdetail.rpt" is used. This is opening the subreport BUT not passing the value to the sub report parameter.

Any ideas???

Try changing the link to NOT use a mapped drive (C:), use the machine name and the path.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back