Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink Column email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDBurke

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
Hi all,
My C# code retrieves a dataset and a datagrid binds to the returned dataset. One of the fields is an email address field that will display an email address. What I would like to do is just make that a "mailto: hyperlink" so that the user can click on an email address and the default mailer will open up with the email address in the to: field. I have been able to hardcode and address however not sure how to do it dynamically.

HARD CODED:
--------------
<asp:HyperlinkColumn NavigateUrl=&quot;mailto:xyz@xyz.com&quot; DataTextField=&quot;UserEmail&quot; HeaderText=&quot;UserEmail&quot;
</asp:HyperlinkColumn>

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks for the reply however
The provided example(s) look as though it does 2 things: 1. Redirects and 2. Variable transfers. Neither of which I am attempting to do. All I want to do is beable to hyperlink a column that is populated with email addresses and when the user clicks the email address for the default mailer to appear (this is automatic ..IE should launch this already) and in the &quot;To: box&quot; the email address to appear. I know it must have something to do with the mailto: keyword begin put in the NavigateUrl field. Not sure how to pass the email address though.

Thanks again,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back