Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinging layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo11

Programmer
Feb 2, 2003
US
I want to create a christmas tree where each level of the tree has a rollover which changing the gradient fill and also allow clickable hyperlink to a different page. I so far have created the tree with each level of the tree a different layer.
I can't figure out. I have FW 4. Can anyone explain or poing to a reference?

Thank You

-------------------------------------------
When you have spent all day trying to work through a problem, it is best to take a step back, reevaluate the problem, then work on the next project and never let the old one show its ugly face again!!

One thing to remember is not to put slices on top of one another, that will stop the effects working. Try to arrange the slices so that they dont overlap. You sound like you need to use the 'swap image' behaviour on your tree but you would need to put a slice right over the tree to get a clean effect but the problem is, you cant put the buttons over the slice because they wont work. They have to be somewhere else. So its back to the drawing board by the sounds of things! Unless anyone has any ideas?

I would suggest seperating your buttons from your tree and using frames rather than layers.

Lets say you have two different images of your tree both with different gradient fills:

1. make a new frame
2. In the first frame, put a slice over your tree
3. Make a button on a clean piece of canvas and add a swap image behaviour to it and tell it to swap images with the slice over your tree and select frame 2
4. Position your tree in frame 2 exactly where it is in frame 1

Thats the best work around I can think of. See if it looks alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back