Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hyper links in doc printed from internet don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmike

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
IL
Hi,

I have Acrobat 7

Not sure if I just need to change a setting or if I'm trying to do something which isn't possible.

I 'print' a page from the web and it opens up in acrobat and all the hyperlinks are blue but clicking on them does nothing.

Info would be appreciated.

thanks

Michael

When you're in Acrobat, you're not using a browser so internet links will not work.

If you're grabbing a pdf that's on the web, or want to grab more of a site, go to File menu/create pdf and select from web page. Determinw what yu want and then click on settings to set things up as you like.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

thanks for your reply ..

"When you're in Acrobat, you're not using a browser so internet links will not work.

Even in my text editor links are 'active' so it's a bit disappointing if they aren't in Acrobat.

'If you're grabbing a pdf that's on the web, or want to grab more of a site, go to File menu/create pdf and select from web page. Determinw what yu want and then click on settings to set things up as you like.
Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4" '.

What I want to do is to save a webpage in Acrobat format and send it to someone as a pdf file.

I have tried opening adobe first and saying create a pdf from a webpage and then entering the url but this seems to be very hit and miss without knowing how many levels to enter.

Saving a page as a webpage and then creating in Acrobat from a file kind of works but with 'errors'.

regards

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back