Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyper Linking a Microsoft Doc to Lotus Notes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcLefe

Technical User
May 26, 2017
US
Can you hyperlink a Microsoft doc--excel/word--within a Lotus Notes email. If so, how do you do it. Thx

I suppose you are referring to the functionality that was implemented in Office 2010 that MS called Hyperlink, which allows you to place a link to a file in your text.

IBM Notes does not have that functionality. That being said, what exactly is a hyperlink to a document ? It's the file path with a fancy interface. You don't have the interface, but you can always type the file path.

MS has created an interesting functionality with the concept, but do not forget that linking to a file is only useful if the recipient also has access to the file in the same way. Linking to a file on your computer is useless for anyone else since they likely have no access to your disc. Linking to a file on a network share will only work if the recipient has access and uses the same drive letter to access that share.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back