Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hybrid Exchange 2010 deployment with SBS 2011 Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali147gta

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
GB
Hi,
Customer has SBS 2011 Standard with on premises exchange
They would like to intergrate this with a Hybrid Exchange deployment for the purposes of mailbox archiving (Using hosted exchange plan 1) however I have a few questions

I have an SBS server 2011 standard can ADFS sit on this server or will it break something in SBS ?

I have a one additional windows server for use with DirSync as it cannot run on the DC, Can ADFS sit on this server if required?

Is the ADFS Proxy required? If so can that also sit on the DirSync server.

The SBS server has an SSL cert already, what additional certs are required?

Thats all for now although I'm sure there may be some more !! Alas, I cannot find a definitive answer to SBS 2011 Std with OFfice 365 intergration.

Thanks in advance,

Al

iMachiavellian - think dissident

ADFS can run on the DC without any trouble.

You do not need ADFS Proxy in a smaller environment like yours.

Your existing cert will work for ADFS. ADFS setup will create an additional virtual directory under the Default Web Site on your SBS server, and your cert will automatically be configured for that virtual directory. You'll probably still specify a cert when you run the ADFS config wizard, but you can just pick the same cert for that.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back