Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HXGM3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

labi

Technical User
Jun 21, 2007
YU

I am short with slots on Hipath 3750 Siemens
I have one slot without card but in the system
appears, HXGM3(when I select sofware).
How can I end this completely and to insert another type of card. Which procedures should I follow?

Thanks

i do not know the precise menu structure via the phone, but you'll need to remove the card via programming with a system phone using *95 and then follewed by your username and password.

Somewere in the menu structure here you have an option modules (it can be a sub menu). Which show's what modules are insterted in the hipath.
When you scroll through these modules you will eventualy find the hxgm module. Here you can delete it.

After deleting it you'll need to reboot the hipath by unplugin the power.
Put the power back on after about 10 sec.

Now when you read the database the module should not be displayed any more and you can continue installing a new card in the free slot.

If this did not work (which i had in some cases) good luck cause you can reload the hipath in the case.

on the 1st systemphone press *95 username, password. following 29, 4, 1, #, enter slot number, press V, *, F3 (3rd key from top). the slot is cleared now. You can insert any module

Thanks Silverblade and nijhu178 it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back