Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Huntgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOMonkey

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
GB
Is there any way to route a huntgroup call elsewhere when all members are logged out?

At the moment if everyone is logged out the call stays in the queue untill overflow occurs but I would like it to go to a voicemail start point instead.

The users in my hunt groups are required to activate Do Not Disturb when they are not available so the callers dont have to wait thru all the rings to get VM. This should work for your problem also.

[cheers] Bottoms up!

I think you will find that going to DND will still leave the calls queueing.

You have to switch the hunt group out of service or put it into night service.

Just using DND would still leave the call queueing. Another option here would be to have the last user in the huntgroup set to a fictitous user, which forwards unconditionally (and huntgroup calls) to the other huntgroup. This would then go through each user, but wouldn't matter if they're on DND or logged out, and lastly forward to the second huntgroup. It would take only up to a few seconds (depending on how many users are in the primary huntgroup) to forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back