Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Pilot / VM issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulfo666

Technical User
Jan 1, 2007
GB
I need to setup a Hunt group so that an incoming call 1st rings on a person A's extension. On No Answer it will go to a team line Z that appears on multiple phones and then if no answer it goes to Person A's voicemail.

This need to be replicated so that:
Person B --> No Answer --> Team Z -- No Answer Voice Mail B
Person C --> No Answer --> Team Z -- No Answer Voice Mail C

So I set up a Pilot Number That has Team Z and Unity Port in the group. Problem Is Unity sees the call as going to the Pilot number and aNOT Person A/B/C

Any Suggestion.

P

I know in other systems the originally dialed digits are what makes it to the voice mail system, so if you have 1234 ring and then forward to 3333, which appears on 4 phones, when the ring-no-answer forward kicks in it should go to Unity looking for mailbox 1234. Ensure your forwarding information is configured correctly on the phones to send the original number.

JB

Your hunt group needs to include a route to voice mail as the 3rd option.

I have added Voicemail as the third option. But Voicemai wants to go to the mailbox of Person A (ie the original Caller)

For option 3 send the call to a call handler wherein you can then specify the appropriate mailbox.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

In Unity Connection under conversation, there is an option: use last (rather than first)redirecting number for routing incoming call. If you want the call to land in the first mailbox? Uncheck this parameter. Be warned! This is a global configuration!!!

In persons A mailbox add alternate extension to that box with the hunt pilot
Number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back