Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Groups 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik789

Systems Engineer
Apr 26, 2021
US
is 30 huntgroups the maximum number of huntgroups we can make in BCM 400 ? If anyone can reply ASAP, That would be great!

There is no such thing as "Voice Mail Hunt Groups".

You have you fixed amount of hunt groups on the phone system (not Callpilot), they can be used for internal or external purposes.

You can tell people to enter the DN of the hunt group, or create a CCR Path/Node and point that to the DN of the HG, such as you have done.

To get to one of the users mailbox you will have to Overflow it to their DN.
or
Create a mailbox and make sure the mailbox # matches with the hunt groups DN.
Then overflow the HG to the pilot DN of Callpilot (F985 to view it)

Checking messages:
You will have to have HG members check the mailbox periodically
or
If one (or more) of the members do not have have or need a mailbox then go into the mailbox setting via administration (browser or 983) and assign "Alternate DN's" which is the members DN's of those whom do not have a mailbox (a set cannot have notification for more than one mailbox).
Your allowed up to 5.
or
I forget if possible, or depends on software level....
Setup the mailbox for Off Prem notification, have it call the DN of the Hunt Group.
When a member answers, they will hear "Calling with a message for....press 1 to proceed to listen to the message.

Tipped out
cc

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I Understand hat you are saying, So basically
Call comes in 1232431222 --> HG 0000 rings --> No answer --> VM 0000 . We can make it the the HG and VM the same !

it takes too long"

How many rings?
Which hunt group? (HG23) DN1526?
Your Overflow is wrong, set it to the DN of Callpilot as stated above.
All the others are told to get a Busy Signal, so that's what they will probably get, not ideal programming unless special circumstance.

F985 is a one time thing just to tell you quickly what the DN of the Callpilot is.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

How many rings?
it takes 10 rings to get to voicemail!

Which hunt group? (HG23) DN1526?

Your Overflow is wrong, set it to the DN of Callpilot as stated above.
All the others are told to get a Busy Signal, so that's what they will probably get, not ideal programming unless special circumstance.

F985 is a one time thing just to tell you quickly what the DN of the Callpilot is.
it's 1351, how would that maat make the call go to voicemail.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=eddb3733-754e-4bb4-a2bf-785ce82eb2dd&file=Send.png
"how would that maat make the call go to voicemail."

I think your having a hard time understanding what Feature 985 is, it does nothing other then give you information!
I have stated:
"DN of Callpilot (F985 to view it)"
and
"F985 is a one time thing just to tell you quickly what the DN of the Callpilot is"

One last stab then I give up!
An example:
If you want to forward no answer a phone to voicemail then you would enter the callpilots DN in the field.
If you have no idea what the callpilots DN is then simply do F985, write down the DN you see on the display in your note pad.
Now when ever you need to forward a set or DN to voicemail then refer to your note pad in case you forgot what callpilots DN is.

Kapeesh?

"if you can see that's our voicemail Box!"
No, I cannot see your mailbox, you showing an image from the phone system, not callpilot.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I think your having a hard time understanding what Feature 985 is, it does nothing other then give you information!
I have stated:
"DN of Callpilot (F985 to view it)"
and
"F985 is a one time thing just to tell you quickly what the DN of the Callpilot is"

I literally said It's 1351 and Thank You for the help

it's 1351, how would that maat make the call go to voicemail."

Did you mean "how would using 1351 in the Overflow field make the call go to vmail?
You quoted my whole sentence so hard to tell, sorry.

So to answer that...
If you work in another office for the day then you forward your phone to that other phone, voicemail has it's own DN so it works the same way.
If you do F981 then all it really does is Intercom 1351
If you do Feature 984(Call Forward to Voicemail) 1351 then it does the same as F4[just Call Forward) to 1351
And again in Capabilities/Forward No Answer or Forward Busy to 1351

Hunt Group Overflow
Overflow is like a Forward, so you forward to 1351.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back