Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Groups .. is this how they are supposed to work??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClovistheCat

Technical User
Jan 21, 2008
US
I have a hunt group with 10 extensions/memebers, UCD MIA, very basic we will call it h10.
I have users who have the following cover path.. ring 4 times at station then point 1 is h10 ring 4 times, point 2 is attendant rings 3, point 5 is vm.

My question is, with this hunt group, will all 10 members get blasted with ring tone/audible, or will the extension that has been sitting idle longest only hear ringing on their phone, and just flashing on the remainder of the extensions? Is this how it works (seems to be what's happening in my case)

That's correct, once the hunt group has delivered the call to a phone within the hunt groups criteria the hunt group has done it's job. So only one phone will ring. If you want phones to ring simultaneously use a coverage answer group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back