Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt groups for Partner Mail VS R4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyman1

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
US
I would like to create an Extension Hunt Group. I would like to have a selector code ring into that group from the outside. Three questions, first the first extension that I put into the group will be the first that receives the call followed by the subsequent extensions, ie, first listed extension 12, second listed 14, third listed 17. The extensions in the group will get called in that order? Second question, when setting up the voice mail module, using selector code transfer, I would call the group number 771 for the first group, 772 for the second group, et cetera. Question three, can I use any selector codes to direct outside callers to call into this group.

Hunt groups are circular. The 1st call will go to the lowest numbered extension. Subsequent calls go the extension AFTER the one that answered the last call.

Hunt Group 1 is Ext. 771, Hunt Grouo 2 is Ext. 772, etc.

Yes, you can have the caller either dial the hunt group extension number, or you can point a selector code to the hunt group.

Remember, with transfer restrictions, you need to make a transfer-only mailbox for each hunt group that you want to be able to transfer to, either directly or from a selector code.

Also remember, that there is NO voice mail coverage for Hunt Groups, as opposed to Calling Groups.

Sorry, I just realized that you have a VS mail, so ignore the part about making a transfer only mailbox, and there isn't really voice mail coverage for hunt OR calling groups in VS mail.

If I have a group of five call takers, is it better to put the five call takers (extensions) in a Hunt group or a calling group? Then assign a selector code to get to the group?

Well, it all depends on what you want to accomplish

Hunt groups are circular. The 1st call will go to the lowest numbered extension. Subsequent calls go the extension AFTER the one that answered the last call.

Calling groups are all ring.

How do you want your calls answered? Is circular hunting going to do it?

What do you want to happen if no one in the group (hunt or calling) doesn't pick up the call?

Also remember, that there is NO voice mail coverage for Hunt Groups, as opposed to Calling Groups.

So the question is back on you, what do you want the system to do?

Search on this particular forum, there is a VAST amount of discussion on how to make different senarios work.

A medical clinic. Five incoming lines, five call takers, ext 10, 12, 14,16 and 18. I would like them to take incoming calls one a time (as directed by the voice mail system, (push 6 to make an appointment)) spread over the five extensions. If all call takers are tied up with the five incoming calls then the sixth caller would get a busy signal. Should I put the five extensions (call takers) in a Hunt Group? If one of the call takers does not answer the incoming line I'm not sure what I need the system to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back