Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Groups and Assigning a line to a group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshull

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2004
US
Is it possible to assign a line (line 5) to a hunt group or call group? I want it so that anyone who dials in on line 5 will automatically go to extension 16,25, and then 26. I added those 3 extensions to huntgroup 1 and checked line 5. I then went to line 5 and made sure group call distribution was group 1 and line coverage extension was none. I am using the Partner PC Administration tool to do the programming. I am using the Partner ACS R6, 308EC and Partner Messaging R1.

Yeah, I dialed into the line, and every extension rang.

Every extension or just the 3 that you assigned to Hunt Group 1?

--Dan

All 15 extensions on my phone system rang when I dialed that number.

Did you set ringing to all extension for that line to delayed or no ring?

--Dan

The easier way is to program the extensions from ext 10 or 11 using central programming. This can be done live, the effect is immediate, there is no need to bounce the system like there is with Remote Admin.

To get there, use ext 10 or 11, dial Feature 0 0.
Dial Left Intercom twice and then dial right intercom.
The display will say "CENTRAL TELEPHONE PROG"
Dial the extension you want to program.
You will see "PROGRAM EXTENSION XX"
As you enter each extension to will see the lines be either a solid green LED {immediate ring), a slow flashing LED [delayed ring], or a fast flashing LED [no ring]. You want to set line 5 to either delayed or no ring. Do this by pushing the line button to cycle through the 3 settings.
To program the next extension, dial the right intercom and the system will return to "CENTRAL TELEPHONE PROG"

To do this is Remote Admin:
Go into Extensions -> Ext. XX -> Button Programming -> click on the Line 5 button. Under Ringing Options set it either Delayed or No ring.
Do this for all extensions.
Save the Translation.
Upload it to the ACS
Restore the translation in the ACS.

Test it out! :)

Hope this does it.

--Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back