Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag62470

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2002
US
Is it possible to set up a Hunt Group from within an Automated Attendant? One of our options is Finance and right now I have it ringing to one extension. Would it be possible to have it ring to a Hunt Group that would find an available finance extension? If so, how would I go about setting that up?

Thanks,

Jacob Gomez
Technical Services
Faith Assembly of God

Jacob,
All you need to do is set up a selector code in your Auto Attendant to go to the extension of your hunt group

I've never set up a hunt group before. Do you know where I could get some directions?

Thanks,

Jacob Gomez
Technical Services
Faith Assembly of God

Jacob - there are a number of different types of hunt groups you can set up - depending on the version of your processor. You also need to set Group Type (specifically, autologin vs. autologout). You can read about them in the system reference manual - available on-line from avaya.com.

But, basically you set up a hunt group by going: menu, system program exit/start, extentions, more, group calling - then first choose members - key in an unused group number, e.g., 791 enter - the key in each extention number and press enter after each - that you want to be group members. Then press back/exit, Hunt Type - key in the same group number (791) and choose: linear, circular, most idle, etc. and press enter. Press the more key and choose Group Type. Key in the Group# (791), and choose autologin or autologout - as appropriate. If you choose autologout - you need to setup an ES2 login button on each group member's phone. They turn it on when they are available for calls - and turn it off when they are not. If they are logged out - calls will bypass them - and go to an available group member.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back