Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Twinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

upinflamezzz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2011
US
Hello, I have a Customer Service Huntgroup set up and because of the current conditions they are all working from home. I have set up twinning on each of their deskphones to ring their cell or home phones. This has been working O.K. from what I thought, but for some reason the DND (Do not Disturb) button keeps coming on for people in the Huntgroup. I'm thinking that this has to be related to the huntgroup sending another call to the extension while the user is already on a call from their remote number. Anyone know what I'm doing incorrectly? If a user picks up a twinned call on their remote number while in a huntgroup how do this system know to not send another call to that extension? Is there another way to do this or disable the DND?

If you're using mobile twinning the user becomes busy in the huntgroup when answering a DDI call and the other way around, this should not cause the extension to go DND.

There is a setting on the huntgroup to set agent DND when they don't answer ringing huntgroup calls tho.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I don't see it. Which tab is supposed to be on? Huntgroup, Queuing, Overflow, Fallback, Voicemail, Voice Recording, Announcements, within the Huntgroup
settings.

I do see Agent's Status on No Answer and the choices are None, Any Call, External Inbound Calls Only.

It's in the User, Telephony, Supervisor Settings tab for each member.

Don't see any DND settings in User, Telephony, supervisor Settings

dnd_mqlv3m.png

Correct, what should happen is set on the User, on the huntgroup you can set if it should consider that setting or not.

Busy Not Available: If this option is selected the user's status is changed to do not disturb. This is the equivalent of DND and will affect all calls to the user.

You can press F1 to get help on what each option does =)

Should I change it to Logged On (No Change) or should I change something in the Huntgroup

dnd2_x1zjlh.png

I'd like to tag onto this thread.....we have the exact same scenario and my question is the last part of the OP's question.
If a user picks up a twinned call on their remote number while in a huntgroup how do this system know to not send another call to that extension? and how does it know when to start sending again?

Thank you!!

Because the system knows that it has a call from itself to the user in progress. Even with calls using direct media, the control (non-media) part of the call is anchored through the system.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I want to tag on this thread as well. The hunt group has to be set to sequential right? Obviously you cant do call waiting or collective-call waiting, correct?

Mobile twining will work with any huntgroup type - but not a good idea to use with collective ring groups as every twinned cal ties up an outbound trunk - large group = no free lines!
longest waiting is usable

Call forward unconditional works rotory as well as sequential if mobile twinning is not available

Twinning is a better option as mobile call control allows your staff to still transer calls.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back