Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group to ring all agents or stations at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeVS

MIS
Jul 2, 2003
GB
Hi All

I'm quite a newbie at all this (got given a Definity system to look after without the slightest knowledge of how/what/when/who...
banghead.gif

I've got (as far as I can see):
Definity G3 V9 and Call Center release 9.1 (anything else I should post?)

I've been asked the question: Is it possible to have all the phones in my team ring at the same time when a call comes in?

At this moment it's an EAD-MIA type huntgroup.

Thanks
Jake

There is no way to do that with a call center hunt group. The only way you can get multiple phones to ring at once is through Bridged appearances of a line, a cover answer group (up to 8 at a time) or a Terminating Extension Group (up to 4 at a time.)

actually, you can set that hunt group up with no members in it. give it a coverage path that points to a cover answer group, which has the phones in your team in it. that way you can also make use of the night service feature for the hunt group, if that is something you use.

thanks, tim

JAKEVS,

That negates the need to have call center software. Let the software route the call to the most avail agent.
Having a call ring to everbody's phone at the same is not the best way. only one person can answer the call.

thx

On the Definity PBX system is there someway to contact all extensions at one time by just dialing one extension. This would be used in the case of an emergency. We have over 350 users

No. Use paging instead.

Susan
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back