Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group ringtones...help? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

highmeh

MIS
Nov 20, 2003
US
So we've just opened a small call-center practice in our office. Things are routing perfectly, but its getting a bit confusing for folks who hear the call center hunt group ringing and dont realize its not their own phone (I know, I know...). We want to set up a distinct ring for the hunt groups; I've set the ring tone plan under System->Telephony->Ring Tones and selected the new plan in the Hunt group, however its just ringing with the default tone. We use an IPOffice 500 v2, version R9.1, and 1616-I handsets. Any thoughts?

Huntgroup ring tones are not supported on the 1600 series phones. Just 9500 and 1400 series.

Very disappointing! So only digital sets support this? Thanks for the answers all

The best option to set up different ring patterns per call are plain old analogue telephones :-D

Just manually change the ringtone on all the phones in each group to something different, but why not the flashing light? It's a big clue as to what's ringing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back