Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group rings busy, even on night service

Status
Not open for further replies.

distcomp

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
We recently moved our Prologix to a new office. MUCH programming had to be done to renumber most of the extension to a new range (could not get DIDs in the same range). We have three calling groups and all of them are now experiencing the same problem. They work fine during the day, when agents are logged in, but when agents are NOT logged in the hunt group rings busy. Why? Is there a coverage path I need to add? Right now there is no coverage in place for the hunt group, but there is a night service extension. The system will not cover to that when the hunt group is placed in night service either. I am not even sure if these two problems are related.

I do know that when agents are not logged into the queue the operator stations shows the hunt group as busy (she has a ext. status button for all the hunt groups for transferring callers).

I do not have the option of building a vector, since my switch only has BCMS basic, no vectoring.

F.Y.I. all inbound calls are received via T-1 pulsing three digit DNIS. All other calls are being directed properly.

Your help would be greatly appreciated...

In stead of Using nightservice, try to give the hunt-group a coverage-time table. (add cov t x) Fill in the times and the coverage paths and do a change hunt x and fill in t1 in for coverage path (assuming 1 is the number of the coverage time-table)
Give it a try....questions? shoot!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let me know if this was of any help-

The only problem with assigning a time to the hunt group is that there is NO pre-assigned time on the agents schedule. The hunt group turns on when the first person arrives in the morning and them turns off when the last person leaves. Those times can changes by as much a 1/2 hour in either direction (I have had that argument with the call center manager more than once).

They prefer the toggle-on toggle-off functionality of night service, so I'm stuck with it (or something else that would linked to a button?).

They will ring busy when agents are not logged in or on AUX. Agents have to be auto-in or ACW for calls to be put into a queue. I have a V6 and do not have Vectoring option yet either. What it sounds like to me is that you need to check your routing table. Do a change Auto attend-routing routing table. Make sure that the DID or ANI coming in has a Business Schedule assigned to it (Mine is set to Bus1) Also make sure the Night Mailbox is set up. The business schedule says if it is between the hours of x and x go to day mailbox, otherwise go to night mailbox. In my case the call is routed to an auto attendent that states the hours and gives the caller an option to dial an extension otherwise will time out and leave a message in another mailbox. You can check your business schedule by doing cha auto BusX command where x is the number of the business schedule you saw in the cha auto routing command you just did. Hope that helps
Jay

--You also might have to make sure that the destination the calls are going to at night allows transfer calls in.

I tried checking the auto attendant group as you indicated, but no such groups exist on the switch. Does your switch have an Audix card? Mine has a stand alone Audix with a C-Lan intergration. Could this explain why the settings were not found? Does having an off-board Audix change the scenario? Are the settings you are talking about in the Audix?

Sorry. Those commands would need to be administrated thought the Audix box. I have a Audix Map 5 box connected to our Definity PBX with analog ports on the switch. While in Audix, do the cha auto routing and see if you can see the table I was referring to.

What is the night destination? An announcement? Is the announcement recorded? Try dialing the "night" extension number directly and see what you get. Sounds like a simple problem with the destination rather than a problem with the hunt group. -CL

The night service destination is a phantom extension (x172) that covers to the Audix after one ring. I agree the problem may in fact be in the Audix rather than the PBX. I have tried calling the night service extension and it IS recorded.

distcomp,

You just gave the answer, a night destination can not go to cover or call forward.

What you could do in your AUDIX is what Natoli described
phone9ani.gif

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back