Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Ringing Ext 10 Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishDeval

Vendor
Jan 27, 2005
US
Hello I installed a Partner Messaging R7 and have a Partner ACS R4. I set up a hunt group (1)for extensions 10,11 and 12 and assigned selector code 5 to point to hunt group 771. everything is working through the VM ect but the hunt group is not working. If I busy out ext 10 and call the system and choose 5 the system is transfers but only rings ext 10. Is there something I am missing? Could it be an issue that it is an R4? I had somebody with an R6 try the same setup for me and theirs worked fine and when their ext 10 was busied out it skip by 10 and went to the next ext. So it is a mystery here as to why mine isn't working. It just rings ext 10 and doesn't skip it when I am on the ext. Maybe something to do with ext 10 being in the hunt group for my R4?

One thing that you could do is to determine where the fault resides. From the intercom of any extension dial 771, lets take the voicemail out of the loop for a minute. Maybe the problem is in the voicemail, maybe it is in the Partner ACS. If it works from the extension, maybe the problem is in the voicemail. Since your Partner ACS is release 4, you can take it to release 6 via a PCMCIA card and gain other cool features like remote call forwarding. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply bigwill but unfortunately you did not offer any help there. The 771 works as I stated it is on selector code 5 and the transfer works fine when you get auto-attendant and select 5 but when the 5 is pressed to go to the hunt group I have established (10,11,12) it only rings 10 even when I have 10 busied out. It is supposed to go to 11 or 12 but it does not. So I need to know if anyone has run into this problem and what the exact solution is.

Irishdeval

From a system phone press INTERCOM 771 and see if it works. Then busy out Ext. 10 and repeat. If not you programmed something incorrectly. This has nothing to do with selector codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back