Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Problem - fast busy when calling DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLUSamson

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2005
US
I have a BCM50 and some questions on Hunt Groups. I have a hunt group of DN 6041 I setup that rings when you call 5810 (target line 135) from outside the system. When I call 5810 from inside the system I get a fast busy signal. How do I correct this?

You need to change the DN of your Hunt Group from x6041 to x5810.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thats what I was thinking, but in element manager the DN is greyed out for my hunt groups... it won't let me change it... how do I get access to that settings?

wait... i figured it out! thanks for the quick response though!

Ok you figured it out, now tell us what you did.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Step 1: Locate the DN you want to become a Hunt Group
Step 2: Make a note of what Target Line is associated with the DN
Step 3: Remove the Target line from the DN
Step 4: Go to Telephony -> Hunt Groups and find the DN of the hunt group you want to configure
Step 5: Go to Telephony -> Dialing Plan -> DNs replace the DN of the Hunt group you want to figure with the DN of the extension you want to go to it.
Step 6: Add the Target Line from step 3 to the line assignment of the hunt group
Step 7: Add the hunt group members and set the other options

Basically you have to have a target line with a pub and priv recieved set to the extension you want the hunt group to ring on, then you use the DN section under dialing plan to change the DN from a Set to a Hunt Group...

I hope this helps those in my same situation out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back