Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Night Service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpull

Vendor
Sep 26, 2009
US
Good Evening,
I am trying to determine the best way to accomplish this call flow scenario as it is one that I hit quite often.
Call comes in, rings hunt group, goes to Auto Attendant. After hours, call goes straight to Night Auto Attendant. On Holidays, call goes straight to Holiday Attendant.
The kicker is that the customer always wants to override button on their phone as well as see when they are on night mode.
Here is what I was thinking:
Incoming call route rings hunt group 200 (Main) which has a time profile (Night) with night coverage to 201 (Night) which has a timed profile (Holiday) with night coverage to 202 (Holiday). In the VM Pro, each of the "leave"s for these groups would then goto their respective auto attendants.
Obviously this did not work, which I saw Riddle had a work around to create a phantom user with call forward all to the auto attendant. This seems a little too messy, having 3 hunt groups and 2 phantom users just to accomplish DAY/NIGHT/HOLIDAY. Also, users usually want a way to send calls straight to the Auto Attendant during the day incase they need to leave their post for a minute. The only ways I see to accomplish this are by logging all of the users out of the hunt group or create an out of service button. Now of course, the user has 2 different buttons just to administer DAY/DAYVM/NIGHT/HOLIDAY.
Any ideas of how to clean up this programming?
Thank you,
Jerry

I would create a menu in the AA that sets a variable for setting where the call is routed.

e.g

Press 1 to set switch for Xmas, 2 for easter, 3 for etc etc.

so you would shove all your calls via the condition check, then you can route your calls where ever you want, be via normal working hours or some other holiday message.

make sense?

Hey,
Thanks for the quick response.
I thought about that, but the problem is the customer usually likes to see a button light up when it is on night mode that they can toggle.
I think what I am going to do is just have a huntnightserv to turn the auto attendant on and off based on a time profile. Then in the voice mail I will use 2 variables to determine if it is the night auto attendant or holiday auto attendant. I think this will accomplish the majority of what I need, the only thing that I don't like is that I have to program the business hours in 2 spots which means I have to make sure my techs change both when they do MAC work for the customer.
Thank you for the help.

you can use time profiles on your incoming call route. I do this for holidays and night service with a button on the operator to set night before the time profile kicks in.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I do it he same way kwing112000 does it, that way you don't have to think (usually) to start night night service or get out of it in the morning and still have the capablity to override the schedule.
Sometimes on demand I will add a user defined variable to set special greetings like snow days (we get those here in Canada frequently) or staff functions and then the people can activate and deactivate these via shortcode (and mostly also from the Auto Attendant).
there are not really wrong ways to do it, just more or less complicated ways and sometimes upgrades will break some solutions.
If you use the voicemail as scheduler make sure that you have a huntgroup as fallback for the incoming call route otherwise if your voicemail goes down you will not get any calls.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

Thank you. I think that will accomplish what I am looking for. What button do you use to set night before? And can that button be used to open the office early or keep open late?
Thanks again,
Jerry

The Time profiles on Incoming call route can't be overriden unfortunatley :-0

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

thats why i suggested an AA for their own management.

you can still set defined time profiles as well as an override.

yea, i think i will end up doing it through the AA...

kwing, what button are you using to set night early?

On a side note, I don't understand why such an advanced phone system as Avaya is lacking fundamental night service. Even on the CM they have a night button, but no time profiles for automation.

jpull, I agree that being able to override a time profile may come in handy in certain circumstances but it would also be giving most people enough rope to hang themselves, i.e it would cause more trouble than it's worth. Also if you have a set Hunt group Night service button but leave the Action data empty it sets all groups that handset is a member of into night service :)

I had something similar recently. user wanted automated ring plans but with LED status and the option to override when suited.

What I did is use the Generic HG Get and Set Conditions to check the status. Set all calls to ring to a VM Module which basically controls the call flow, but checks the status of the override HG, and also the time/date. This way gives them LED status and control over the automation.

Main Hung Group (HG_Main)
Day - ring extensions
Night - Ring AA
OOS - Not Used
Time Profile - Not Used

Override Hunt Group (HG_OR)
No Destinations for Day/Night/OOS
Time Profiles - Not Used

Test Conditions in VMPro:
1 Holidays
2 Night

Incoming Call - VM:CallFlow Check Module
Start - check HG_OR State
Is HG_OR in OOS(Value = 0)?
Yes Check HG_Main State
Is HG_Main ($SAV) in Night (value 2)
Yes - Go to Night_AA
No - Transfer to HG_Main
No Is Holiday Condition Met?
Yes - Set HG_Main to Night Mode (value 2) then Transfer to Night_AA
No - Is Night Condition Met?
Yes - Set HG_Main to Night Mode (Value 2) then Transfer to Night_AA
No - Transfer to HG_Main

I could build this and send it to you but it would take me too much time and my 2 year old is screaming at me to go play:)

Jpull
I just use a SetHuntGroup Night button or a Set huntgroup out of service. then in my hunt groups use a user forwarded to a short code. you can even use this when it is fulltime AA answer. just make a group with your user fwd to VM and add in the user who will have the button and log them out. it doesnt override the time profiles but what i have done is set my time profile for like 6 am to 8pm so they can use the button in between those hours to force night.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Yeah, TheTaker has cracked it with his suggestion, with a litle changing that would work exactly as you want it to i.e one button that reflects the time profile controlled group state and can also be pressed to override it....that's some clever programming TT :)

Thank you all for your help. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I knew there was too much knowlege on this forum to not be able to solve such a fundamental issue.
Thank you again.

TT I like the status via LED have a star for sharing this good idea with us

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

If the customer wants to do this with just buttons on the phone use 2 hunt groups.

In VM Pro have the AA answer with a Route Call by Status Action Busy/NA etc go to your Day greeting and Night option goes to another Route Call by Status action for the second hunt group which you can name Holiday. If Holiday is in In Service it goes to the Night Menu if it is in Night Mode it plays the Holiday greeting.

Put two buttons on a phone labeled Night and Holiday programmed as night service for the two groups.

For this to work you need to have the main hunt group and the holiday hunt group in Night mode for the holiday greeting to play.

You can't really utilize some of the cool tools from variables and schedules from VM Pro doing it this way, but if the customer doesn't care about those and only wants to see a damn butto to know what mode the system is in this works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back