Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group ending up at an indviduals voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

unifydan

Technical User
Mar 12, 2008
GB
Is it possible to go through a Hunt Group (via AA) and the last step to end up at an indviduals existing mailbox ? or do you have to use a separate Hunt Group Voicemail ?
Thanks

The default for IP Office (since 4.0 if I recall correctly) for unanswered calls is to use the mailbox of the original call target regardless of subsequent forwarding and other options, i.e. the first user or hunt group to which the call is targeted.

So in your scenario the call will end up in the hunt group mailbox.

That applies to all the voicemail server options. However as amriddle implies, Voicemail Pro has the flexibility to allow you to override that if required and to put messages into the mailbox of the last extension number to which they are presented.

Their is a long technical tip on how to do that if required though I can find which one it was at the moment.

Not sure what you're trying to do but, you can check the "Broadcast" option under the hunt group mailbox and have the messages copied to the individual user mailboxes. The Hunt Group greeting will still be what the caller hears but you won't need to check the hunt group box for messages.

You can also setup voicemail to email and have the hunt group messages forwarded to just a single person.

You can fake the system by forwarding the user to a shortcode which routes the call to a specific mailbox.
That can be done with any type of VM.
sc = *99
tn = "?Name of the mailboxuser"
action = voicemail collect

callscenario
call > group > overflowgroup > user > divert to shortcode
grouptype must be collective or rotary

Maybe I'm mis-reading the question but with VM Pro you could also set up a leave action on the hunt group and configure it to leave the VM in the user's mailbox?

However the caller would then hear the individual's greeting rather than the hunt groups?

as1981, that's what he wants. Or to do it the other way you could use a voice question to retain the groups greeting but put the mail in the users mailbox :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Ha ha, funny enough I was watching with the wife and Aaron who is 2, sad eh! When is she due, it's like watching a kettlle boil isn't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back