Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group Calls with Mobile Twinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

chavz7796

Technical User
Apr 29, 2013
US
Hello Guys,

I have setup a Hunt Group for Sales and the users have Mobile Twinning enabled. Is there a way for the call to return back to IPO to leave the voicemail?
Right now the cell phone picks up the call if the user does not answer and the voicemail is left on the cell phone.
I know cant do anything about the cell phone picking up the call for the caller to leave a voicemail.
I tried to change the settings for the "transfer return time", but it does not work on hunt group calls.
Although it does work when I receive a call to my extension.

Is there a way I can get hunt group calls, with Mobile Twinning enabled, to leave the voicemail on IPO?

Thanks in advance.

I also have Queuing disabled the sales hunt group.

It sounds like the hunt group call presents to the hunt group member(s) long enough that their cell phone's voicemail coverage time eventually answers the call. I don't know if your hunt group is presenting its calls to members one at a time or collectively, but that might have something to do with it. The system doesn't have an opportunity to pull the call back to the IPO VM.

First you need to set the Mobility answer guard on the users, 1 sec is usually enough.
This protects the call from going straight to mobile VM if it's turned off, outside coverage, in another call, etc.

The you need to set the No Answer-time on the hunt group less than the VM timer on the mobile, 25 sec is what I use.

I'd keep the Queuing On.

(transfer return time has nothing to do with this)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Had this issue a while back
Sollution was to extend the mobile phones voicemail answer time beyond the no-answer time on the IPO or disable the mobile phones voicemail all together.

Thanks guys, let me give this a try and I will let you know.

Thanks!

Relying on the mobile to keep the extended timer is not a good idea, you have no control over it and the user may change that back without even knowing he did. (new sim card, default settings, changing provider, etc)

Find out exactly what the default timer for rolling over to VM is, lower the No answer time accordingly.
Still, the most common reason for twined calls ending on mobile VM is the lack of mobile guard.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back