Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Calls Randomly Re-routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOdan

Vendor
Aug 8, 2005
US
Wondering if anyone else has seen this.
I have multiple sites with the same issue:

For calls routing to a hunt-group either directly or through an AA, at random times, the hunt group seems to go out of service and will instead ring at the Night Service Group (If there is one) or go to Voicemail. I have witnessed this first hand, and the hunt group is definetely available. In these situations, the Hunt group is Reception, which has one member the receptionist, who has between 6 and 12 lines, and may be only a couple or none of them. Both the user and the Hunt Group have Call Waiting On.

Any takers???
Avaya says they have never received this complaint before.

Let's see if they're truthful.

Whenever I have seen this sort of behaviour it has been because the IPO has performed a reset & the reception group has been placed in night service

The IPO performs a falsh backup sometime between midnight & 01:00 ish, this will be the CFG restored after a reboot so it is quite common for groups to be in NS if NS is activated manualy.

use system monitor to see when the las system reboot occoured

I have a very similar issue, at a customer's site. There are five users in the Reception Hunt Group, I am routing these calls through an AA, randomly users that call in and dial 0 are then transfered to the Hunt Group, even though the users are Idle, the caller goes to the general delivery mailbox.

Currently we are running 3.0.59, I am considering to upgrade this unit to 3.0.69 or even 3.1.48.

Any ideas out there?

Same issue here. Calls will randomly go to the night service group during the day (and page the oncall tech) We are also on 3.059.

I have been experiencing the same thing. 406 3.1.48, one member in the group is reception,night service is setup with a time profile,fallback is the auto attendant.The system will be completely idle. For no reason that I know of calls will be answered by the auto attendant then work O.K. I sat there and made test calls to every line and everything was fine. Then when I would leave the office and call in to talk to someone the AA will answer.

Check the system time clock is correct. The system may be getting the time from the internet and going into night mode

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back