Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Calls not going phone to phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_Dam TelCom

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2019
US
On an Avaya Aura switch, running CM 6.x
A while back Admissions began noting that callers were getting to the Admissions Voice Mail Box (VMB) when Agents thought they were available to take calls.
They have the Hunt Group Log-in /out codes, and Auto-In and Aux-Wrk buttons programmed on each set (1616's w/ 1 Expansion Button Module). I believe they understand what needs to be done to make proper use of the Hunt Group. To test, I can check their availability status (mon bcms split 10), see who is listed as "Available", check to ensure they do not have Call Forwarding or Send Calls on (sta sta xxxx), start a trace (li tra hu 2180) and call in from my cell phone. The call rings into the 1st Agent in line (UCD-MIA) and if they are instructed to not answer this test call, the phone rings 4 times then goes to the VMB of the Hunt Group. The call never goes to the 2nd Agent. Will paste the programming in below. I don't believe we have any licensing for ACD; is having that enabled mucking up the call flow?

I cannot recall any "event" that precipitated the change in call flow. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
(Also, as this is my first post anywhere, please advise if I've been too verbose, or not verbose enough!)

Page 1 of 62
HUNT GROUP

Group Number: 10 ACD? y
Group Name: ADMISSIONS Queue? n
Group Extension: 2180 Vector? n
Group Type: ucd-mia Coverage Path: 88
TN: 1 Night Service Destination:
COR: 1 MM Early Answer? n
Security Code: Local Agent Preference? n
ISDN/SIP Caller Display:

HUNT GROUP

Expected Call Handling Time (sec): 180
AAS? n Service Level Target (% in sec): 80 in 20
Measured: internal
Supervisor Extension:
Priority On Intraflow? n

Controlling Adjunct: none

VuStats Objective:

Multiple Call Handling: none

Timed ACW Interval (sec): After Xfer or Held Call Drops? n

Redirect on No Answer (rings):
Redirect on No Answer to VDN:
Redirect on IP/OPTIM Failure to VDN:
Forced Entry of Stroke Counts or Call Work Codes? n

display hunt-group 10 Page 4 of 62
HUNT GROUP

LWC Reception: none AUDIX Name:
First Announcement Extension:

Message Center: none

display hunt-group 10 Page 5 of 62
HUNT GROUP
Group Number: 10 Group Extension: 2180 Group Type: ucd-mia
Member Range Allowed: 1 - 1500 Administered Members (min/max): 1 /15
Total Administered Members: 15
GROUP MEMBER ASSIGNMENTS
Ext Name(19 characters) Ext Name(19 characters)
1: 2111 AHLFELD,KAREN RAY-1 14: 2175 MARTIN,ALEXANDRA RA
2: 2499 LEWIS,JOHN RAY-HL 1 15: 2121 CONNER,ERIN RAY-HL
3: 2183 VACANT,ADMISSIONS R 16:
4: 2185 VACANT,ADMISSIONS R 17:
5: 2935 DELSOL-LOWRY,DANIEL 18:
6: 2179 VACANT,ADMISSIONS R 19:
7: 2182 VACANT,ADMISSIONS R 20:
8: 2181 HARGRAVE,AMANDA RAY 21:
9: 4885 KAISER,ERICA RAY-11 22:
10: 2178 HUNT,ELIZABETH RAY- 23:
11: 2400 STUDENT DESK, RAY-H 24:
12: 2832 WARD,DEBRA RAY-112 25:
13: 2237 VILLA,RAFAEL RAY-10 26:

At End of Member List

display coverage path 88
COVERAGE PATH

Coverage Path Number: 88
Cvg Enabled for VDN Route-To Party? n Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA
Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 4
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? y y
Holiday Coverage? n n

COVERAGE POINTS
Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n
Point1: h100 Rng: Point2:
Point3: Point4:
Point5: Point6:

Try configuring the RONA destination and see if that makes a difference. Depending on how you have "logging-levels" set, you may be able to see if any changes were made to this object recently.

@randycarroll

Thanks very much! I set the number of rings to 3 for RONA, which is one less than the Coverage Path to VM, set up and re-tested and watched the call go from one ext to another before landing at the correct VMB after the available Agents ignored the call. After all these months (2 years?!) I had to 'splain again that any unanswered calls automatically "Aux Out's them from the Hunt Group and they have to Auto-in again. [hammer]

Since (RONA) Redirect on No Answer (rings) is blank, I believe the hunt group just follows the settings in its coverage path. Try setting RONA rings to 3-4 and see what happens. Not sure if you'll have to tweak the rings in the cover path so that the call tries ringing a few agents before covering to VM.

Thank you sean655! I'll check back in with the Admissions people at the end of the week to see if they need more "rings" before the call moves on. The RONA setting has always been blank, but it must be that pre-COVID, when all the agents were on-campus, there were enough logged in and available that the Hunt Group never really had to "hunt"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back