Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group and Foward 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2003
US
I have an NEC 2400 IMX using Matworx.

Is there a way to have a group of phones in a hunt group, and if all of them are busy that it will go back to the original phone number dialed and to their voice mail? Right now, they are forwarded on a busy to each other (in a loop) and if they are all busy it gives a busy signal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jim

Jim Since you are call forwarding extensions to each other and you want to go to Voicemail youll need to break the loop so that there is no call forwarding the last phone to the first/
You can call forward the last phone to voicemail and the MCI link to your voicemail will direct the call to the first extensions mailbox
You can also try a pilot hunt but you will need to remove the call forwarding and have just the last extension call forwarded to voicemail.

Yes I missed ASHP for a pilot hunt group. Mind you I have'nt used that much over the years.

Thanks for the help everyone! I figured that it probably was not possible, but was hoping I was wrong.

Jim

You also have a "Maximum" number of call forward jumps set in ASYD.

Isn't there a Secretary feature as part of the hunt group feature? I have an IPX so I don't know what the difference is between that and the IMX. The secratary feature allows the call to hop out of the hunt when all stations are busy or not available. That station can be forwarded to voicemail. That station cannot be the original station called.

DMen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back