Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group/ACD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dntc0x

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2010
US
Coral III upgraded to v15.84 software and appropriate MEX/DBX, etc. (U.S.A.)

Hunt group configured as:

GROUP TYPE (Ucd/Acd) - A
IVR_ACD (Y/N)- N
VM_GROUP(Y/N) - N
LOAD ID - Y
CAP_REINTRODUCTION_OF_QUEUED_CALL(Y/N) - N
SEARCH TYPE (0-circ,1-term, 2-statis)- 2
OVERFLOW - 1605
EXTENDED OVERFLOW (Y/N)- N
ONE STEP GROUP - N
USER_CANNED_MESSAGE# (0-15/R) - NONE
MUSIC SOURCE (0..3) - 0
RETAIN_HUNT_MUSIC_SOURCE (Y/N)- N
MUSIC_WITH_ANSWER(Y/N) - N
WRAP-UP TIME (sec)- 5
NOTE: #_of_q_calls_for_busy greater/equal #_of_q_calls_for_delay
#_OF_Q_CALLS_FOR_DELAY - 0
CALL_DELAY_TIME (sec)- 1
#_OF_Q_CALLS_FOR_BUSY - 3
DIVERT_IGNORES_#_OF_Q_CALLS_FOR_BUSY(Y/N) - Y
TIME_TO_OVERFLOW (sec)- 30
TIME_TO_2nd_ANN (sec)- 1
TIME_TO_NEXT_MEM (sec)- 10
CALL_WAITING_TONE - N
1st ANNOUNCER - 30002

MEM# 1 -

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the "OVERFLOW" function? If I have one or zero members logged in, the calls will go to overflow under normal circumstances.

However, if two or more members are logged in, the calls roll back and forth to the available members every 10 seconds as programmed, but will never go to "overflow". The calls keep rolling back & forth until hitting one of the global timers which drops the call and gives caller a 'fast busy' signal.

I tried using "Extended OVERFLOW", but through several variations could not make calls overflow if 2 or more members are logged in.

Do I have a setting wrong (and just missing it) (i.e.: a brain fart), or am I misinterpreting how "overflow" works in an ACD Hunt Group with multiple members logged in?

Thoughts and/or suggestions appreciated
Thanks!

If you have agents who aren't on calls it will not overflow (from memory). If they're sitting there doing nothing it will present the call to them....they should answer it!! If they're not at their desk then they should log out so no calls are presented to them.

Using Extended Overflow you can set agents who do not answer their phone to auto logout and then the overflow will take effect.

Auto logout is set in the Keyset definition. Extended overflow sets what to do with a call if there are no agents logged in, no agents answering. By default, in these cases the calls will go to overflow, extended lets the programmer keep the calls in queue or overflow to a different location. I've set up many ACD groups and have never had this problem, but I'm also sceptical of the Statistical setting. I would suggest turning it off and trying it to see if that is the issue. If it is, update to the latest software to see if it is a bug in that version. You say 15.84, what subversion?

@reataylor, although you are correct in that auto logout can be defined in KEYSET imagine having 255 members in a hunt group! You'd need to make that change 255 times. When Extended Overflow was introduced in 14.68(?) they added auto logout to it so you only need to make the change once and it will affect all members in that hunt group. That's a lot easier than changing it per xtn.

Statistical should be no relation to the issue of overflow. That's merely to do with how stats are recorded and sent out the APA.

As I said above, if members are idle it will never overflow. Overflow only works when all agents are busy or logged out.

OK, I must have missed disturbdone's reply in Dec. 2010

I understand what you are saying about the extended overflow.

Am I correct that if you use AUTO_RELEASED_ALL in an individual Keyset definition, that only that particular station will be automatically logged out?

I just need to make sure that is not a 'global' setting which will cause 'auto-logouts' in other hunt groups, which would not be good in some cases.

If so, then I believe that with the proper training of the agents, that I can make the phones 'rollover' in the way that I need.

Thanks!

AUTO_RELEASED_ALL is the setting you're after.

That setting is per hunt group. Setting it only changes it for members of that hunt group. There is no "global" setting to set this for all members of all hunt groups. The only other option, as described above, is to do it per xtn which would affect every hunt group that that xtn is a member of.

Proper training is essential. It appears these agents are either sitting there not answering calls that they should be, or not logging (release or logout) out when they go to lunch/bathroom/end of day etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back