Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt/Calling Groups, How to? ACS R6.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfunk11

Technical User
Oct 5, 2004
US
Fellow professionals,

With ACS R6.0, i have my VM PCCARD set to huntgroup 7. What I want to implement is when the caller stays on the line or press 0 for the receptionist to first ring extension 11 for 3 rings, then extension 12 for 3 rings, extension 13, 3 rings, then back to extension 10 to leave a voicemail. Is this possible with partner ACS R6.0 w/ large VM pc card?

Also, how do I assign few extension to the same calling group so the the selector codes on the auto attendent can transfer the call to multiple people at the same time. If its possible, then what if the calls are not answered at all, what will be the default voicemail box extension?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Rex

You're extremely limited by the PC Card voice mail.

Hunt groups are circular. When a call is transferred to a hunt group, it rings at the first station in the hunt group. If it is answered, then next call, even if the first extension is available, goes to the 2nd extension. The next call goes to the 3rd extension, and so on around the group. There are no "group" mailboxes available in PC Card mail for unanswered calls.

Calling groups ring a group of phones simultaneously. If there is no answer, the best you can do is redirect the call to Ext. 10, and have it (eventually) answered by voice mail.

There are 4 calling groups, their extension numbers are 71-74. You can transfer to them directly by dialing the extension number, or have a selector code transfer to them. If you do not program the transfer return extension for the voice mail ports, calls transferred to the group will ring 4 times, then return to the voice mail, be answered and transferred to Ext. 10.

TTT,
Thanks for the explanation of huntgroups. If I program extension 10,11,12,13 to huntgroup 1. The call will start with ext.10 then hunt until 13, then back to 10 to leave a voicemail?

How do I implemented with Partner ACS R6.0?

Few quicksteps to get me started will definately help.!

Thank you,

Rex

NO, it does not work that way. If you look at that post carefully....

"""Hunt groups are circular. When a call is transferred to a hunt group, it rings at the first station in the hunt group. If it is answered, then next call, even if the first extension is available, goes to the 2nd extension. The next call goes to the 3rd extension, and so on around the group"""

Say ext 34 answeres the call coming into the AA, after that caller hangs up, the next incoming call to the group would go to ext 35, EVEN if 34 is available. It does not go and try for an extension to answer the call it rings the ext.

I understand now. So how can I implement a feature to have all callers when they stay on the line or press "0" to ring first at extension 11, then 12, 13, 14, then 10 to leave a voicemail message?

That is the downfla of a Partner system. You cant. If you put 11-14 into a calling group, then no voicemail box will answer. You could set up a "virtual" calling group, but that is rather difficult.

On Partner Messaging, you CAN have a group mailbox. Set the transfer return extension for the voice mail ports to themselves instead of Ext. 10. Make a mailbox for Ext. 71 or 72, 73, or 74 (whichever calling group you are using). Set it as "with a phone". On an R6 or R7, if you want, make it a phantom mailbox as well, and have the message be recorded in some other mailbox to get message waiting indication. If you want to keep the group messages seperate from someone's personal mailbox, make them record in an unused auto attendant mailbox (9991,9992,9993, or 9994) which can light up at any extension. Or, make a mailbox for a conference room or break room, etc., but don't put the extension in Auto VMS Cover. Calls to the extension don't cover to VM, but the group calls record there and light up there. Lots of possibilities here.... Just no hunting or call distribution like on a Magix!

I think if you set-up calling group 1, then send your calls to 71 (not 771), it should ring ALL phones at the same time, but then go to extension 10's voicemail if nobody answers. I have set this up before for a customer and it does work.

If you send the call to 771, then it will ring 10, then, 11, then 12, etc, and never go to voicemail.

I might have this backwards (771 vs. 71), but I know I have set it up before for a customer who wanted to make sure it went to a voicemail when not answered. The only issue is that is doesn't ring the phones in a circular manner, it rings them all at once.

Try not to use calling group 71, rather 72 - 74 for that. Calling group 71 is normally used for simultaneous paging with almost all system phones assigned. Calling groups ring all phones at the same time, or group page (* 7X). Hunt groups .... hunt (771 - 776, 777 is vmail)
TTT is right, what you can do with messaging! No call overflows on the Partner. The Magix may make you cross-eyed if you don't program them much. My eyes are currently crossed.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back