Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES listing changes causing citrix problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAbramowski

Programmer
Mar 27, 2008
US
For background – please read this posting -
I did some experimenting and looked at what the "Device Manager" had to say about my attached LS2208. Then completely by accident, I left the DM window open and scanned the LS2208 into the other mode. And I watched the Device Manager tree close itself up, refresh TWICE and then reopen with a new list under the HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES category.

So starting this process again from the beginning, this is what my experimentation shows:

with nothing plugged in the usb ports of the thinclient - the device manager shows NO Human IDs. I plug in my LS2208 barcode scanner and a single entry appears within the HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES category. This is while the LS2208 is operating in "HID KEYBOARD EMULATION" mode; the scanner communicates with local or remote applications without any trouble.
The single item is listed as a "USB Human interface device"
looking at its drivers properties I see that this provides HidUsb service, its enumerator is USB and its INSTANCE ID is
[bUSB\VID_05E0&PID_1200\S/N:2CF66B5C6C73494DA53C0D4E96FA27AF_REV:NBRMIAAS3[/b]

Now I scan the special barcode that puts this device into its "USB OPOS Handheld" Mode. The HID category now has TWO ENTRIES. The entry that existed before is there. But its INSTANCE ID PROPERTY has changed value! That instance id above is now this!

USB\VID_05E0&PID_1300\S/N:2CF66B5C6C73494DA53C0D4E96FA27AF_REV:NBRMIAAS8

notice the PID is now 1300 and at the end its a s8 and not an s3

That new 2nd entry into the HID category, this is listed as an HID-compliant device. this is its instance ID:

HID\VID_05E0&PID_1300\6&750D171&0&0000

And what IS NO LONGER LISTED IS A Device with a PRODUCT ID (PID) of 1200 – and that device ID is the one that is successful with the scanner.ocx

SO here are my questions:
1. Where on this client machine ( my XP registry?, an ini file ? ) is the linkage that connects “STI_USBSCANNER” with
the entry USB\VID_05E0&PID_1300\S/N:2CF66B5C6C73494DA53C0D4E96FA27AF_REV:NBRMIAAS8

2. Why wont the citrix server see the “STI_USBSCANNER” device while desktops and thinclients both see this device?
or in other words - what about this change in the HID listing isnt compatible with the citrix/Termincal services normal rediretion of the clients USB device's output?

3. Is there any registry trickery or citrix/terminal services trickery I can implement so that the Device that IS SEEN BY CITRIX –
USB\VID_05E0&PID_1200\S/N:2CF66B5C6C73494DA53C0D4E96FA27AF_REV:NBRMIAAS3
– is associated with either
USB\VID_05E0&PID_1300\S/N:2CF66B5C6C73494DA53C0D4E96FA27AF_REV:NBRMIAAS8
– And/or with
– “STI_USBSCANNER” ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back