Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTPS on c3560 switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwitchAllStar

Technical User
Apr 24, 2008
CA
Hello,

I have a switch that is running DHCP Snooping and Dynamic ARP inspection. The binding table that works with DHCP snooping needs to be backed up to a remote location. So, in our enterprise network, we have a HTTPS (IIS) server setup.

I am able to store a copy of the database with the "ip dhcp snooping database command,

Storing !
Apr 24 12:08:21.154 EST: %DHCP_SNOOPING-6-AGENT_OPERATION_SUCCEEDED: DHCP snooping database Write succeeded.

but when attempting to use HTTPS it is not copying over correctly. Hence the following error message.

Apr 24 12:04:15.323 EST: %DHCP_SNOOPING-4-AGENT_OPERATION_FAILED: DHCP snooping
binding transfer failed. Error writing to remote database.

If someone could tell me how I can connect to my HTTPS server through the switch, I would greatly appreciate it. The command I use to connect is,

Code:
"ip dhcp snooping database [URL unfurl="true"]https://username:password@10.xx.150.239/snoop.tar"[/URL]

The IIS server uses Windows based authentication.

Anyway, ANY help would be great.

--
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back