Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1547040&page=8

Status
Not open for further replies.

webdbase

Technical User
Nov 26, 2009
BG
thread779-1547040
I had exactly the same problem. Every time I plugged in a new usb flash drive I got the annoying "Add New hardware wizard". Since I deal with students I get lots of usb flash drives this has become very embarrassing.

I found a solution for myself and hope it would be helpful to others. I compared two usbstor.inf files - one from my computer and another one from a clean computer. I found that mine had an extra line at the end of the file:
[Microsoft]

So I deleted the line and updated the driver using the same inf file, and it worked!

Nice to know and thanks for sharing, but you should post this at the end of the other thread, so people searching for a sollution can find it.

Cheers,
Dian

I tried, but the other thread is closed and the message under it advised to start a new thread with a reference to the old one.

This information is lost to everyone by being posted here (in reference to the earlier thread that is). Thank you for posting it however.

I have mentioned the fact to Forum Management, perhaps they will rectify the situation.

You can also use the "Contact Us" link which is found at the bottom of the web page to voice your concerns, if you wish.

Yes. After a certain set period of time when a thread does not have new posts, it is deemed inactive and is closed. The statement is posted on the bottom of these threads as the third post indicates - to refer to the old thread in the initial post, along with the question or solution.

I'm waiting for the white paper entitled "Finding Employment in the Era of Occupational Irrelevancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back